Monday, February 1, 2010

Spider Webb

Apparently Marc Webb, director of 500 Days of Summer, has signed on to the latest Spider-Man project. This one is going to be reboot of the story, perhaps the way Christoper Nolan rebooted Batman. Neither Sam Rami nor Toby Maguire are attached, so now that there's a director on board in Webb the search is on for a lead. My guess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I have nothing to base that on, but they have worked together before - to great result - and Gordon-Levitt has got the physical skills to do it, as we saw in G.I. Joe. Plus he's a great actor - way better than wooden Maguire. The only think going against him is he may be too old to play high-school, assuming that's what they're doing with this reboot. I have heard that Zac Effron is rumoured to be up for it but I think Gordon-Levitt is a better choice, although Effron was good in Me and Orson Welles.

In other semi-related news, Marc Webb is also apparently remaking Jesus Christ Superstar. I guess every film Norman Jewison ever made has to be re-made.

No comments: