Monday, June 15, 2009

Sore Red Palms

I saw Robert Lepage's Lipsynch on Saturday and was blown away, yet again by this man. Lipsynch explores the human voice and it's a nine act play featuring nine actors that lasts about 9 hours - including breaks.




What a fucking show.


There are some ridiculously beautiful moments. The incredible staging and shear theatricality had me audibly gasping. Some parts were stronger than others but I'm sure the weaker ones will tightened and honed as they continue to work on the piece. I've read some reviews of earlier production and it seems like a fair amount has changed since those incarnations so I think it's safe to assume the piece will continue to grow.


Even now though, the highs far out weigh the lows. If you get a chance go and see it but be warned you'll walk out with sore red palms.




No comments: